Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Antique Vintage Game Themed Junk Journal

Hi everyone!  I'm sharing a junk journal I made with lots of antique and vintage game ephemera.  I started out with an antique game.  I love the graphics on the cover and wanted to make it into a journal.  I gathered together lots of other game ephemera like cards, and instructions from other games to add to it.  And here it is.  Lots of pictures to show what the old game turned into.  I actually made 2 journals because I was overloading this one.  I will post the other journal too.  They are both for sale in my etsy shop.


I used an Antique game box cover on the cover of the journal.  Also I glued on some "F-U-N letter stencils that I inked and aged with crackle paste.


 There are lots of pockets and tuck spots.




 Most everything is antique or vintage - except for some scrapbook papers, and journaling pages.









 Tooooo Punny!!
 I had pieces from other game boxes to use here and there.

 A journal needs places to journal on.


  I found some books with images of old games and puzzles.

 Antique book pages with playful images were fun to use.


 I fussy cut old comic images to decorate pages with.




 Circus Popcorn Bag!!!

 Score sheets to journal on.


 Surprises just to add to the fun.

   Grungy collages on pages.



  Needed to make a home made prize badge.  I used a Honeydew Gold Foil Label from my etsy shop


  A game spinner!!
























 Spine and back.
Spine made with some homespun fabric. I tried to make it more interesting with a few patches. 

The journal measures 6.25 inches by 5.25 inches and is 2.5 inches thick.  It has a soft spine so it opens up wide. 172 pages, of different sizes quarter, half and full pages. 129 pages to journal on.

I think I forgot to mention there are coffee dyed papers in this book so it is not acid free.  Not a good place to keep precious photos...in case you were wondering. 🤔 But a supper fun place to journal in!
Find it for sale HERE


Thank you so much for stopping by to look!!!

❤️️

5 comments:

  1. This is one of the top 5 best journals I’ve ever seen, and trust me when I say that I’ve scoured Pinterest for many years looking just at diy journals. I absolutely love the way you’ve incorporated both a theme and color (my favorite - red) without going too overboard with either. You are a creative inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this!! You utilized a theme and a color (red - my favorite add to anything sepia or b&w) without going overboard with either. You are a creative inspiration and a new muse of mine. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! You utilized one theme and one color - red happens to be my favorite to pair with anything predominantly sepia or b&w - without going overboard on either. I love the way you used variation on your theme as well as occasional and random deviation from it. You are a creative inspiration as well as my newest muse. What an outstanding piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! You utilized one theme and one color - red happens to be my favorite to pair with anything predominantly sepia or b&w - without going overboard on either. I love the way you used variation on your theme as well as occasional and random deviation from it. You are a creative inspiration as well as my newest muse. What an outstanding piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and lovely comment Jess! I'm so glad you like it!!
      ~Terry

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really really appreciate it!!!!