Where the Sun Meets the Mist: A Morning Off the Cardio Clock
Every morning just as it starts getting light my dog Ida Mae and I head out side for our morning walk. On the first of September it doesn't get light until 6:00am. A sure sign that our summer is ending.
But look at what this morning has brought... 
Walking into the mist
Secrets show up inside the mist. A spider trail traveling the meadow.
Ida Mae! "Eating grass ... You"ll spoil your breakfast. "
We have paths mowed back and forth, up and down the whole property. This way Ida Mae and I can walk every morning up and down our 12 acres to get a whole hour of exercise right outside our door and without having to use a leash. This is necessary because as you saw in the picture above, one of us likes to stop and snack along the way.
The last leg of our walk is through the small wooded area at the back of the property.
The last leg of our walk is through the small wooded area at the back of the property.
I smiled thinking of Ida Mae this morning with her happy energy. She was often in the way trying to see what I was looking at. I'd have to get her to move out of the way to take the picture. She likes to lead the way.
She looks back waiting for me to catch up.
Today was different for her because usually I'm walking at a quick pace for cardio exercise.
She looks back waiting for me to catch up.
Today was different for her because usually I'm walking at a quick pace for cardio exercise.
Often during our usual morning walk, I'm anxious because her stopping to sniff at something will block my way and hold me back.
It's a thing with us in the morning,
to be rather competitive as to who is leading the way on the narrow paths (said with amusement)
It's a thing with us in the morning,
to be rather competitive as to who is leading the way on the narrow paths (said with amusement)
~Terry










Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you!