Sunday, December 15, 2019

"Cold Treasures" Scrapbook Layout using AB Studio - Secret Wood collection

AB Studio's "Secret Wood" paper collection s so inspiring if you love the forest as much as I do.  I am lucky and live in a rural area with lots of forest land.  My own property is mostly wooded, and we enjoy walking there every day with our 2 dogs.  Wolfy is 10yrs old and my new puppy little Ida Mae who is just 6 months old.
I created this layout to capture the feeling of wonder that being out in the woods always brings into my life. 

I brought my camera for a walk with the dogs especially hoping to get a photo that I could use with these papers.  I am so happy with the one I did get.

I have seen all the animals on the layout and more out in my woods.  So I had to get them all on the page to commemorate each sighting. 
I am so pleased with how it came out. 


 I have used Reneabouquets Lacy Moon chipboard.  She is a the magic spirit watching over the wild life below her.  I know it was her who helped me get just the right photo for this page. 🙂
  I used some Ranger Opaque Crackle paste glass glitter on her.  Some Reneabouquets Victorian snowflakes, I colored the centers with Distressed Marker -brushed corduroy.
  
Some pearl beads here and there in different sizes add some texture and shine.  Tim Holtz greenery die cuts. Fussy cut trees and animals from the paper collection.  I used texture paste,  put it on on like snow.


I found some dried astilbe flower heads I picked from my garden, because they looked like miniature trees.  I sprayed them with sealer and sprinkled them with green glass glitter. I also used some tree bark with lichens growing on it, I found out in the woods.
There is sisal and some dried moss on there too.

 I took the title from the name of the paper I used from the paper collection.  It certainly gets "very cold" out in the woods.

I also splattered some gesso for more snowy texture.

I know I will treasure this piece ...It makes me happy to look at it.

Thank you so much for stopping by to share this lay out with me!!

~Terry

2 comments:

  1. I really love this layout Terry.It's so magical and every time I look at it I find something different. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful layout. Jeanette, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jeanette! It makes me happy that you like it. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really really appreciate it!!!!