A Quiet Update from the Craft Desk
I found time to create some cards for birthdays, did a bit of collaging and some junk journal pages.
I haven’t had quite as much time for crafting lately, but I did manage to finish a few projects that I’m really happy with.
I dug out some papers and ephemera that I've had in my stash for a while. They are from a several different companies.
I've mixed them up and used them sometimes all on the same card.
It is a great feeling to use up older pieces so nothing goes to waste.
It's so good to find new ways to use them... "Unscripted".
If I remember correctly, The typewriter key stickers on the right are from recollections (Michaels craft store). The typewriter I think might be an old Prima Marketing piece. The background paper is from Photo Play Birthday Bash collection. The clock and rolled up paper bin come from Stamperia A new Beginning collection.
I used some of the vintage ephemera that I sell in my Etsy shop too. This card is mostly all from Mintay Mr Fix It collection. I've had the fabric covered wire it seems like forever . It comes from Prima Marketing. There is some glitter paper. The back ground paper and sentiment stickers are Photo play.
Lots of Mr. Fix it again.
The colored layers I believe are Recollections solid paper.
I love this card. I was thinking that women are Ms. Fix it's too. I softened the masculinity a bit with some Daisies from Reneabouquets and the background paper from 49 and Market, on top of some more Photo Play paper.
I don't have anyone in mind to give it to but I really like it.
The background is Mr. Fix It. The chipboard embellishments are Stamperia A New Beginning. And the Prima wire again.
This card is some old old Recollections papers. And Tim Holtz paper dolls I colored with distress crayons. And the Grand Hotel piece was also Tim Holtz.
I also spent some time playing with vintage book pages and leftover scrapbook scraps to make a new collages. It felt so nice to just let my hands get messy and focus purely on color and texture.
Love the way these journal pages look with the book page scrap pieces layered and scattered about.
It was a lovely few days of creative freedom at my craft table.
I got to focus purely on texture, color, and design without the pressure of "collection matching". No thoughts of sticking with the newest releases, or keeping collections separate,
Just lovely freedom in a creative space.
Thank you for stopping by my craft room today.
May your own week be full of warmth
and time to savor the simple things.
~Terry


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you!