Altered Cigar Box Swap Project "Nature Box"
This is the box I made for my sweet swap partner Donna . This is for the Altered Cigar Box Swap on Scrapbook.com
She descried working in her scrap room with the window open listening
to the water fountain outside as she crafts. So I went with a nature
theme for her vintage box. Antique ledger pages were torn and decoupaged
on as the background. I used the "Art Is template with texture paste,
to represent Donna's crafting. I made the nest from string, and the eggs
from crayola clay. A stick from my back
yard on the closure. Embellished with dry mosses, sisal and flowers,
some painted and unpainted chipboard, feathers, Reneabouquets butterfly.
Acrylic art pebbles to represent the water from the fountain. Printed
the image, and quotes.
Cover quote:
"Now I see the secret of making the best person: it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman
Inside cover quote:
"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir
This is the box before picture.
Cover quote:
"Now I see the secret of making the best person: it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman
Inside cover quote:
"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir
Inside cover quote:
"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir
"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir
This is the box before picture.








Absolutely beautiful! You have inspired me. I have been working on a cigar box for a couple of days now. I love what you did with this one. Nature is amazing. Very creative.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment!!! Hope your having fun with your box!!
Delete